Its A Strange World

This blog is about me and the things that I have been dealing with. Make sure all your comments are about the things I write about, because the world can get out of hand enough as it is! ;)

Monday, February 27, 2006

Monday Monday!

I just had a very boring weekend. That's why I didn't bother writing about it! I had dinner with two friends on Friday night (both of them are older than me) and I had an uncomfortable time because no body wanted to talk about anything interesting. I kept talking about my new job (more on that later!) and told funny stories about how stupid my principal is (they both work at my school) but no one cared! They just kept talking about current events that I didn't care about because they were mostly health topics (bird flu and Africa) and those aren't things that I review when learning about news.

So my uncle Rock DID talk to his friends over at the news station and THEY CALLED ME!! I am going in for an interview next week. I have been watching a lot of television news to make sure that I am able to "talk the talk" when I go in for an interview. It would be great if the other job I applied for called me too so I could chose the one that would allow me to be more creative and use the skills I enjoy.

I have only told a few teachers at work because you need to be "discrete" when you are working new job contacts. I also don't want the other teachers get ideas about leaving their jobs too. I know that most of them are unhappy and think that they might quit if they see other people having easy times getting better jobs. I have a friend who said this happened to her once. It's not that I don't want them to be happier -- people should always leave jobs if they are boring or unfair or if no one listens to you -- it's just that I don't know when I will get my new job and I don't want to have to worry about working even HARDER in a job I don't like if many people are leaving. There is one woman who is retiring soon and many people are worried about that, already!

On a different topic, I have a second date with Alex Wednesday night. I like Alex but worry that I am going to be tired because I also have plans tomorrow night. This is turning out to be one busy week!

5 Comments:

  • At 9:03 PM, Anonymous tim said…

    YAWN- another self-involved boring person making a blog!

     
  • At 11:21 AM, Anonymous Sensible Person said…

    Don't read it then, you boring self-involved prat. Go and write your own fascinating blog.

     
  • At 6:42 PM, Anonymous Dave said…

    Prat? What's a prat? Who the hell calls themselves "sensible person?" What a bunch of dorks you are! Was that your mommy again, Soonty?

     
  • At 5:41 AM, Anonymous Mom said…

    Why write ugly things? Won't your mother write to you on your website? It is difficult to keep up with a child today and this website is a way. Don't be ugly, Dave. And "sensible person" is sensible, I think.

     
  • At 11:39 AM, Blogger First Year Teacher said…

    soonty--

    it was fun taking pictures this weekend! sorry about the lake thing...but it could have happened to anyone.

    we'll have to do it again, sometime.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home