Its A Strange World

This blog is about me and the things that I have been dealing with. Make sure all your comments are about the things I write about, because the world can get out of hand enough as it is! ;)

Saturday, February 18, 2006

A new calling?

Well, readers, I am up early this morning looking for new jobs! I went dancing last night, which is a story in itself! Let's just say my friend Carla had a little too much to drink and ended up embarassing herself pretty badly! I had two drinks, but was still totally able to drive us home.

How PERFECT does this job look for me:

News Producer
Qualifications: Strong writing skills, creative production ideas -Ability to work cooperatively in diverse newsroom -2-to-4 years producing experience with resume tape-Extensive writing experience with corresponding examples-College Degree-References

Producers are expected first and foremost to contribute to the team effort of effectively covering and presenting daily news. They are expected to contribute story ideas on a daily basis, meet all deadlines, work with assignment desk, anchors, reporters, photographers, editors, and graphics to present the news in a fair, accurate and balanced manner.

I am a very creative person, so I think this job would be perfect for me. I can picture it now, can't you? Thinking up new things to put on television, doing graphic art, investigating criminals, even talking to celebrities, I bet! It just seems so much for "me" than teaching. I like teaching because I have my own room and can decorate it any way I want and I can have the children do interesting things, but I don't like all the competition I feel with all the other teachers. I also don't like that my principal doesn't listen to me and asks me to do things that have NOTHING to do with my job.

What other jobs are creative? Any ideas, readers?

7 Comments:

  • At 11:39 AM, Anonymous WTF is Soonty? said…

    You would have to work with other people and you wold have to present news in a fail and balanced manner. I imagine your story would read someting like this, "On my bolg, a terrible person wrote something negative. Isn't that just terrible?"

    Fair and balanced, you are not. Also, if you don't like competition, you better stay out of the newsroom. They will chew you up and spit you out.

     
  • At 7:29 AM, Anonymous Soonty said…

    If you're going to take the time to write on my blog, I think you should do some spell checking! Also, one of my strengths is the ability to understand "all sides" of a situation. My friends always tell me I am good at giving advice.

     
  • At 2:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Yes, I am sure you are good at giving advice because you like to hear yourself talk. Being good at giving advice doesn't mean you give good advice. If WTF needs to spell check, you need to learn how to use commas.

     
  • At 2:12 AM, Anonymous BingBong said…

    What's a bolg ?

     
  • At 5:54 AM, Anonymous Mom said…

    I think you will be great at whatever job you choose! Your father says you should look into your retirement plan and make sure you aren't giving up a lot to switch jobs.

     
  • At 9:29 AM, Anonymous Soonty said…

    I think its interesting, Annonymous, that a person who has never heard me talk thinks I like to hear myself talk? You don't even know how much I say! I use commas the right way, and you don't even leave your real name!

     
  • At 9:30 AM, Anonymous Soonty said…

    Mom - tell dad that I'm not planning on retiring anytime soon! ;) I'm not THAT old!!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home