Its A Strange World

This blog is about me and the things that I have been dealing with. Make sure all your comments are about the things I write about, because the world can get out of hand enough as it is! ;)

Friday, February 17, 2006

Wait until you hear why!!!

OK. I know what you're thinking. I haven't written in days. And, on top of that, I said I would never do that again! Well, readers, wait until you hear why!

I am starting to think that I should leave teaching. Last week my prinicipal took me aside and told me that he wanted to outline things I should do with my class. I thought this was great, because my principal was finally wanting to hear what I needed in order to have my job be the kind of job I wanted it to be. Well! He barely listened to anything I had to say! He had a list of "action items" all drawn up and read them to me, but then didn't let me have the things I wanted, too! And it wasn't like I didn't come up with great suggestions (I said I wanted more music and dance lessons in my class, but he didn't want that)!

Also, it seems that nobody cares about teachers. I wanted very much to have a guest speaker come in and talk about valentines day. But no one cared enough to do it! I called every single museum in the area and even some that aren't and nobody wanted to help. I imagine they had bad memories of their teachers and are getting back.

So, as you can easily imagine, I have not wanted to do much "writing" about teaching. I know that that is what I have done in the past on my blog, but I think that will change. Also, I need to change careers and have been spending a lot of time thinking about that. Have any of you readers recently changed jobs? If so, why? Were you able to get a better job in the end?

We'll all see where this new journey takes us. Tonight I am going dancing, so I can probably stop thinking about all this for a while. It will be nice to stop thinking so much about this, because I am tired. I called in sick today for a "mental health" day. It has been nice, because it is warm out and I might go take some pictures.

2 Comments:

  • At 2:52 AM, Anonymous BingBong said…

    --- I called in sick today for a "mental health" day. It has been nice, because it is warm out and I might go take some pictures. ---

    Isn't this called 'bunking off' when kids do it???
    Go straight to DETENTION Miss, do not pass GO.

     
  • At 9:34 AM, Anonymous Soonty said…

    No, because children aren't paid for sick days. Employers (even bad ones) know that people need these days, which is why they pay people for sick time.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home