Its A Strange World

This blog is about me and the things that I have been dealing with. Make sure all your comments are about the things I write about, because the world can get out of hand enough as it is! ;)

Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Working the "Connections"!

Well, I haven't yet heard back from the tv station about the producer job. But, it might not matter at all! I had dinner tonight with my aunt and uncle, and it looks like Rock knows people very well at one of the local television stations! He is going to "put a word in" for me to get me a job! This is all very exciting, because I think this is how things work in the entertainment industry -- you really have to have an "in" and then work it for all you can!

It's all very exciting, and I don't even know what I'll be doing yet! As I've often said, writing is my true passion, so I hope I will be writing scripts. I also like working with my hands (I used to make my own luggage) so doing sets and that sort of thing could be interesting for a while.

The date went very well. He was a smart man and we went to a nice restaurant and told funny stories (he thought about joining the army once!). He has a very cool apartment and a dog named Jax. I don't like dogs, but Jax was very old so he couldn't do very much to bother me.

Ugh. Back to work tomorrow! Why can't my new life just start! ;)

1 Comments:

  • At 5:37 AM, Anonymous Mom said…

    Your father and I would like to meet this "smart man". I'll get Derrick to arrange this.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home